Steps to incorporate a company in Mauritius.
Incorporation of companies can either be effected online or by submitting the required documents at the office of the Registrar of Companies.
For online incorporation please register with the Mauritius Network Services (our online service provider) on the following url : https://portalmns.mu
Any person who wishes to incorporate a company in Mauritius and Rodrigues should ensure that the name is available prior to incorporation.Fill the prescribed form “Application for incorporation of a company” (form 1)and submit it to the Registrar of Companies together with forms 7, 8 or 9 where necessary.
The application form shall state
- Name of proposed company
- The present full name, any former name and the usual residential address and the service address of every director and any secretary of the company
- Particulars of any business occupation and directorships in any public company or subsidiary of a public company held by each director. Should the proposed director be director of several subsidiaries of a single group, it shall suffice to state the name of the holding company with the addition of the word `group`
- The full name, the usual residential address and the service address of every shareholder, the number of shares to be taken and the amount to be paid.
- Whether the company is limited or unlimited
- Whether the company is a private or a public company
- The registered office address of the company
- In the case of a one person company, the full name, the usual residential address and the service address of the person nominated by the proposed director to act as secretary who will call a meeting of heirs in the event of death of the sole director
- The business activities, location of the business as per the Business Registration Act
- That the information provided in the application is true and correct.
- The full name of the applicant
The following documents shall accompany the application form:
- Where the company has a constitution, a copy of that constitution certified by at least one applicant to be the company’s constitution
- The signed consent of every proposed director or secretary that they are not disqualified to hold office as such
- The signed consent of every proposed shareholder containing the number and class of shares taken and the amount paid for those shares
- In the case of a company limited by guarantee, a document signed by each member, signifying his consent to be member and the amount which such persons undertake to contribute in the event of the company’s winding up
- If the documents are signed by an agent representing the shareholder or member a form of proxy authorising the agent to so act.
Where the application for incorporation complies with the Act and on payment of the prescribed fee the Registrar will:
- issue a certificate of incorporation
- enter the particulars of the company on the Register give to the company a unique company number.
Further, the following documents should be submitted when applying for incorporation:
- Original Copy of Certificate of Reservation (if any).
- Photocopy of Passport for non-residents.
- Copy of residence permit if the only director is a foreigner.
- Proof of director’s address (Ex: Utility Bill).
- Proof of address of secretary in case of one person company.
Please note the following:
- At least “One Director” should be resident in Mauritius
- For the Incorporation of a Company holding a Category 1 or 2 Global Business Licence, the incorporation is only effected after approval is received from the Financial Services Commission.
|FEES PAYABLE||AT OFFICE||ONLINE|
|Private Company||Rs 3000||Rs 3000|
|Public Company||Rs 13500||Rs 13500|
|Category 2 Global Business||USD 65||USD 65|
|Summary of the file||Rs 200||Rs 100|
|Signed Certificate of Incorporation(upon request)||Rs 300||Rs 300|